Saturday, March 5, 2011

ART BLAKEY, MARDI GRAS AND REMEMBERING BILL FETSCH


There is more of Glen David Andrews linked below from "Jazz on the Tube", by Lester Perkins. It is a daily email I receive by this video archive hunter. "The Java Man", KMHD DJ Tim Taylor turned me onto this a couple years ago. Thanks Tim :) yeah baby...

ART BLAKEY



BILL FETSCH AND JAZZ ON THE TUBE...



BILL FETSCH

Bill was a good friend. He used to call me "kid"- imagine that at one time. My show for some years followed his. He was always appreciative that my first song had traditional jazz elements in it. He wanted his audience to stay.


Mar 05, 2007
Bill, "Dr. Jazz" Fetsch held down the Saturday and Sunday morning Trad Jazz slots for the last decade on KMHD and was a musician and band leader of Dr. Jazz and the Interns in his spare time. Bill was a generous, warm human being who ...
Mar 12, 2007
JAZZ INTERFACE edition / SATURDAY JAZZ LUNCH (in which this tribute appears- 3 hours). This is a tribute I aired on March 10, 2007, about 2:30 PM during the JAZZ INTERFACE edition / SATURDAY JAZZ LUNCH. This is 12 minutes 41 seconds.
Nov 19, 2006
Bill Fetsch told us that he has been diagnosed with Lung cancer. He asked us to keep him in our thoughts and prayers and I know we will do exactly that. He is a very good friend to me and has taught me a lot, not the least of which is ...
Dec 02, 2006
Here is Bill's program as I recorded it from home, 9-11AM, Saturday, December 2, 2006. Listen below.


Nov 25, 2006
ON AIR 9-11AM. Listen below.
http://jazzinterface.blogspot.com/
Dec 03, 2006
Here is Bill's program as I recorded it from home, 9-10AM. Listen below.
Mar 11, 2007
-How can I hear more of that toe tapping traditional jazz that I am hearing on Bill Fetsch's program at the Portland Jazz Festival? [Visit pdxjazz.com and look at the artists. If you don't know them, call the Jazz Festival office- ...
Feb 28, 2009
Bill Fetsch and Calvin Walker. We joined to wish him a happy birthday. Paste the links into your browser and see more pictures and listen to some of Bill's work on the airwaves of KMHD that I recorded. ...


Apr 07, 2007
How can I hear more of that toe tapping traditional jazz that I am hearing on Bill Fetsch's program at the Portland Jazz Festival? (Visit pdxjazz.com and look at the artists. If you don't know them, call the Jazz Festival office- ...
Nov 19, 2006
Please keep Bill Fetsch in your thoughts. He is just beginning therapy to fight lung cancer. If you wold like to hear his last few programs in their entirety, you can listen on jazz interface.com. His battle is large and he like we will ...
Jan 13, 2007
COMMENTS FOR BILL FETSCH 1. Tell the good doctor hello and glad to have you back.100PM. 2. Shirley said, It's amazing how much one can care about people we have never met or even seen....like Bill Fetch. I worried over George Fendel for ...
Feb 10, 2007
How can I hear more of that toe tapping traditional jazz that I am hearing on Bill Fetsch's program at the Portland Jazz Festival? [Visit pdxjazz.com and look at the artists. If you don't know them, call the Jazz Festivqal office- ...


JAZZ ON THE TUBE

Lester Perkins...

"It snuck up on me this year...

Probably because I didn't make it to
New Orleans this year.

Between now and Mardi Gras (Tuesday), we'll
be showing sides of the city that you can
only experience if you're there.

Like this backyard jam, featuring an "Indian" chant
that Jelly Roll Morton remembered from his childhood.

These chants may be the oldest continuously performed
Black music in America...and they never get old and this
community jam shows."

"Ooh-Na-Nay"

Video:

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/page/220.html

- Lester Perkins
Jazz on the Tube

No comments: